Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Simulation of Partial Differential Equations:
• Study and development of finite element schemes and domain decomposition methods for structural analysis problems (plates, shells, ...);
• Analysis and development of parallel algorithms based on domain decomposition methods.
Programming models and implementation strategies in High Performance Computing (HPC) environments:
• Identification of the proper programming model for the implementation, in a parallel computing environment, of algorithms for scientific computation;
• Analysis of computational codes and definition of the most appropriate strategies for their porting to HPC;
• Development of HPC techniques to represent data and relationships occurring in biological processes.
1991 - today: Research Director – at Institute of Numerical Analisys, CNR - Pavia.
1988 - 1991: Senior Researcher at Institute of Numerical Analisys, CNR - Pavia.
1977 - 1988: Researcher at Institute of Numerical Analisys, CNR - Pavia.
1974: Master Degree in Mathematics, University of Pavia
Advisor: Enrico Magenes
Thesis: Numerical analysis by the finite element method of a filtration problem