Role: Senior Researcher
+39 0382 548221
- Mathematical modelling, finite element and boundary element methods (Computational Fluidodynamics and Electrocardiology)
- Statistical analisys of pharmacological data (neurobiology of aging)
- Stochastic models in Biology
- Methods and algorithms for automated quantitative and qualitative modeling; simulation of qualitative models
- System Identification by integrated qualitative and quantitative knowledge and methods (applications in Pharmacology)
- Methods and algorithms for the analysis of spatially distributed data:
- automated extraction and interpretation of qualitative features from electrocardiographics maps
- analysis of the spatial structure of biodemographic indicators of interest for the biomedical and social sciences
- kernel models of spatial intensity, and GIS methods for the identification of areas characterized by associations of traits
Current Position: Senior Researcher at
Istituto di Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche del Consiglio Nazionale Ricerche (IMATI-CNR),
via Ferrata 3,
Pavia 27100 Italy.
Phone: +39 0382 548221
Fax: +39 0382 548300
Laurea Cum Laude in Mathematics, University of Pavia, 1980.
Alumnus of Collegio Ghislieri, Pavia.
Experience / Positions
1980-1982: Research Contractor at ARS S.p.A Milan, in CNR Project “Informatica – Fluidodinamica Computazionale”.
1981-1982: Scientific Consultant in Statistical Modeling for the Istituto di Epidemiologia of the University of Pavia.
1982-2001: Researcher at Istituto di Analisi Numerica (now IMATI) CNR Pavia.
1991-1995: Contract Professor at ENI Corporate University Scuola Superiore E. Mattei, Milan (teaching Mathematics)
1998-1999: Contract Professor at the University of Pavia (Mathematical and Statistical Methods)
1999-2002: Contract Professor at INDAM School in Industrial Applications of Mathematics , University of Milano Bicocca (Computer Science)
2002 - : Senior Researcher at IMATI-CNR Pavia.