- Scope: National
- Topic item:
- Funding Source: MIUR - CNR
- Starting Year: 2012
- End Year: 2015
- Principal investigator: Luciano Milanesi / Local Unit IMATI-CNR: Liliana Ironi
Development of an integrated platform for the application of "omic" sciences to biomarker definition and theranostic, predictive and diagnostic profiles
The project will develop expertise for the whole supply chain of "omic" sciences, with particular focus on genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and systems biology.
The project aims at developing applications focusing on:
• bioinformatics and systems biology;
• medical clinic and oncology;
• dynamics of bacterial, yeast and protozoan infections;
• identification of novel molecular biomarkers
"Omic" sciences, including genomics, epigenomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and systems biology, are the paradigm biomedical and life sciences research revolves around.
The project aims at developing:
• novel bioinformatics methods for the integration and management of 'omics' data and for the innovation of knowledge in medical clinic and biotechnology.
• novel methods and models for the integration of genomics data (human, eukaryotic, bacterial and viral) with biochemical, physiological and clinical data.